A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Motion Made Still

This was my first experiment with motion picture film -- Kodak Vision 3 50D. The lab removed the rem-jet backing then processed it at C-41 film in tetanal. That's not exactly the right way to do this at ECN-2 development uses different chemicals. So, technically, this was a cross-process experiment. I had to correct the color cast in Photoshop on all of these. With the curves feature, I dropped out the green. Ever seen the movie Domino (I haven't)? That was filmed and processed using a cross-process to give it the green cast. Same effect here.


Sunset in the Canyon.


The Tulip, by Embarcadero Center architect John C. Portman, Jr. It's a big tulip. And one of my top 10 sculptures in SF.


Trans America Pyramid at sunset.


Lighted Stairway.


Art Deco San Francisco


Mandarin Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment