A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Tourist Thing

After work Friday I decided to do the tourist thing and walk from the Levi Strauss Plaza up the Filbert Stairs to Coit Tower and back. While up Telegraph Hill, I also went up Coit Tower. In sum, a nice walk and gorgeous day for some nice views.


1/8th, f22. Capturing water flow over a few seconds can make water look fantastic in photographs. Water with slight ripples become smooth. Waterfalls become curtains. Fountains, well, they just don't become more interesting.


1/250th, f5.6. Lying in the fountain looking up at a tree branch.


1/60th, f16. I admit I don't get the block nor what it has to do with jeans, unless the rock and water represent stone washing. Who knows. It's nifty, though.


1/125th, f29. Arches adorning the top of Coit Tower.


1/125th, f32. Slightly grainy because the window was dirty.


1/60th, f16. Oops. The negative was touching the negative in front of it. I could repair that in Photoshop and, someday, I may. But this is why it's important to be careful when loading film onto reels.


1/125h, f11. Downtown San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment