A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Around Town with a Nikon FM

I was very excited to get these shots back from the Nikon FM. Since I did a little work on this camera to repair it, I had concerns as to if it would return good results or not. Fortunately, it did. The lens, a Nikkor-S 1:1.4 is the fastest lens I own and I've come to see the appeal of a fast lens. The viewfinder is bright and focusing is a lot easier than with a slow lens. Also, I forgot my notebook on Tuesday, so I don't have any aperture or shutter data to share. However, using 400 ISO film on a sunny day, I can say I had very few shots below f5.6.










1/10th of a second quicker on the shutter, and this could have been a great shot.


This shot was straight from the camera with no post-processing or cropping.


Another shot straight from the camera. This is a great birding lens.


A self-portrait. Focus wasa bit off, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment