A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Welcome to a Vampire Movie

On Saturday I took in Mount Diablo with a Pentax K2 and my K-7. I brought a few lenses and managed a few shots. The K2 I loaded with Adox 100 CHM ART, which is rebranded Efke film made by Fotokemia. That means it's great film and it truly is.

Right as we reached the summit parking lot, a dense fog bank rolled in shrouding our trip in fog and cooling the air by a dozen degrees. With the fog, I decided to try and get a film noir-like look to the images. It didn't work exactly and I think the result looks like a depression-era vampire movie. Still not a bad result.

I didn't keep track of any exposure data, so today will just be some photos.


Into the Fog, Mount Diablo Summit


Lost in the Fog


Mountaintop Observatory


Lost Trees


A Dark Foreground


Could be a Path


Shortly before the fog hit


An Intrepid Mountaineer


Someone loves topiary too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment