A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Farewell, Eos 2000

Last week I remarked that this camera was up for sale and someone could buy it on Amazon if they liked. I did not actually expect that to happen. And I hope that whomever is getting this camera will enjoy it and take great photos. It's a fantastic camera, very light, very easy to use, and of great quality.


1/750th, f3.5. I forget this building's name. It's a nifty-looking one, though.


1/45th, f4.5. Some really steep stairs. Really steep.


1/45th, f5.6


1/60th, f5.6. The camera isn't perfect. In poor lighting the autofocus hunts a lot. And, sometimes, doesn't focus on the insect centered in the frame. THis shot would have benefitted from manual focus.


1/60th, f8. At f8, this lens is razor sharp. Definitely seems to be the sharpest setting for the kit 28-80mm lens that came with the Eos 2000.


1/60th, f19. This was what waited at the top of those steps. I wondered why they just kept going.


1/45th, f22. Better framing would have been lowering the lens and getting the car on the left's tires in the shot. But I had to get out of the street before the car barreling down the hill hit me. Ultimately, a poorly framed shot always trumps getting hit by a car.


1/1,000th, f3.5. A better framing would have been an alley without air conditioners in it. Or, alternately, remembering to bring a ladder and cutting torn so as to remove the air conditioners from my shot.


1/30th, f22. Some apartment complex.

If the Eos 2000's new owner is reading this, you have a great camera for a very good price. Hopefully you will take great photos and care for it for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment