A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Year In Photos -- Week Ten

So you may have noticed a bit of rebranding this past week. I changed the blog's name and description to reflect what it's become -- a log of the photographs I take on my (sometimes) very-long lunch breaks every day. It's nice that I'm able to walk away from the desk or an hour, sometimes 90 minutes, and simply work a bit later to cover the time.

I'll also be rolling out a few other changes in the near future, including a new background image. I'm still working on how that will look and the technical approach to capturing it.

But without delay, let's take a look at what you can expect to see this coming week.













And yes, next Saturday will be a special edition. I took my Pentax K-7 out with my Sigma 35-80mm lens and did the whole tourist thing on Pier 39. A few shots turned out that are worth sharing.

As for this week, let's see what's lined up.

Monday: Carl Zeiss Nettar 515/2 (B97684) and Lucky brand 100 ISO film. This is an old 6X9 I've used once this year. It's a great little camera.

Tuesday: Nikon FM (3048481), Nikkor-S 50mm (818328), Foma 400 ISO, and no filter (the lens' filter ring is seriously dented.) This is a new camera to me. I picked it up three weeks ago for $4.98 along with four other broken Nikons. This camera was missing its film rewind knob and the cover plate (behind the lens flange) was bent outward (the result of a drop, I'm sure.) But I took a gamble on that lot of Nikons hoping one might work. In fact, with repairs, THREE worked. I tracked down a broken FM with a rewind know and face plate and swapped the parts out. This camera's not pretty, since the donor part camera was black and this is chrome (the color scheme no longer matches), but it works full-on, including an accurate meter and spot-on shutter speeds. One of the other camera from that lot, a Nikkormat FTN, was a daily camera a couple weeks ago. I need one more part for the Nikon FG that came in that lot, and it will be up and running, too.

Wednesday: Pentax Spotmatic SP 1000 (5815145) and Vivitar (Kino-made) 28mm (22325410) loaded with Classic Film brand 400 ISO. Classic is a new film to me. I'm sure it's no longer being made, so this should be a fairly old roll. We'll see if the results are worthwhile.

Thursday: Mamiya/Sekor DTL1000 (602964) and Takumar 55mm f1:1.8 (1426697) with TMax 400.

Friday: Minolta SRT 102 (2042109), Celtic 135mm (1317532), and Adox CHM 400 Pro. That's right. Four days, four rolls of 400 ISO, four different film makers. This should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment