A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Year In Photos -- Week Thirteen

This week we have some great photos to share, including some taken with a new film to me and a very obscure film most people will never have heard of -- Ilford P4 400 Surveillance Film. I picked up 450 feet of the stuff and it is marvelous. Also, I only got three of my intended rolls shot last week,, but there's still five days of photos coming. Without delay, let's see what this week will offer:











For this week's cameras, we have an exciting lineup. Last week I said I would use my five film K-series cameras with the same lens and film. That WAS the plan until one of my K2 copies stopped working and needs to now be sent in for repair. So the K2 will be replaced by the F3. Also, I decided to try different lenses to give this film a heartier workout and provide (hopefully) a greater range of photos.

Monday: Pentax K1000 (7834930), Mamiya/Sekor 55mm (87084), Ilford P4 400 ISO Surveillance Film, and a CPL filter. I didn't get the Pentax out last week, so I'll reuse this combination with different film.

Tuesday: Pentax KM (8273837), Sigma 50mm Macro (1023532), Ilford P4, and a UV filter.

Wednesday: Pentax KX (8390811), Samyang 18-28 (211773), Ilford P4, yellow filter.

Thursday: Pentax K2 (7084574), Sigma 35-80 (1035933), Ilford P4, and a blue filter.

Friday: Nikon F3 (1635441), Nikon 24-120 (343019), Ilford P4, and a red filter. This red filter is more like a dark rose color, so the results are not likely to be as dramatic as may be obtained from a proper and good red filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment