A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Monday, March 26, 2012

The KX Kicks It

This was my first outing with the KX and it was difficult because the KX has something smeared inside the viewfinder. So composition was difficult but, fortunately, the smear is on the lower part of the viewfinder and not in the central focusing. This means I was able to focus but had some difficulty composing shots. That said, I managed eight reasonable shots on this roll.


Underneath the Bay Bridge.


Millennium Tower. Designed by Handel Architects and built by Webcor Builders. Somehow many of the buildings I'm drawn to photographing -- Infinity, Foundry Square, and now Milennium Tower -- are build by Webcor.


A train care nestled between some skyscrapers. It may be interesting to see what's inside it some day.


A sculpture I don't know much about. All year the plaza that houses it has been under construction. It looks like the crews are finishing up, though, so there may be more and more dynamic shots of this soon.


I don't know too much about this sculpture of two faces -- one yelling and one rolling its eyes. It's an interesting piece, sort of. Not my favorite, but not one I dislike.


I give the sculptor a lot of credit for the very good articulation on the mouth.


Establishing-type shot of Embarcadero Plaza.


An interesting double exposure. Cropped differently, it could look just like heavy fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment