A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Bad Weather, Bad Waves, Great Splashes

Last Tuesday saw some rain and a good deal of wave energy within the bay. As I walked up the Embarcadero, the waves on the rocks and along the piers broke upward with










A sea lion statue by AT&T Park.


A reflection of the Ferry Building. I'd hoped it to be a clean reflection with a couple ripples. It didn't turn out that way.


1/8th exposure, luckily timed so that the trolley began moving late in the exposure, making only part of it blurry.



No comments:

Post a Comment