A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

May 20, 2012, Solar Eclipse

It's pretty rare that I share photos on the day I take them, but I wanted to get some eclipse photos out tonight. I took them with my Pentax K-7, Vivitar 400mm wondertube, and a large-format camera tripod. I also had my Pantax 6X7 MU along for landscapes. Those rolls -- a roll of Lucky 100 ISO and a roll of old Type L Vericolor Kodak film. It's a tungsten-balanced film that expired in the late 1980s, so I'm not expecting too much from it.

1


2


3


4


5


I know, the last one is actually California poppies. But I like it and felt it breaks up the monotony. I'll post more eclipse photos at some point in later posts. I only have about 16 edited so far (I took about 600.)

No comments:

Post a Comment