A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Year in Photos -- Week Twenty-one

These last few weeks have been rough. Work's been burying me, editing all the images from my Chicago trip has taken a lot of time, and I've been scanning images for my girlfriend's dad like crazy so he can have some to share at his family reunion in July. So I'm glad that this week I can finally get back to the old routine where I do different things with different cameras every day. SO let's take a look at the cameras I'll be using this week:

Monday: Pentax K2 (7084574), Samyang 18-28 (211773), I forget which film I selected, and a  UV filter. This lens is really making the rounds on my Pentax bodies. It's a great lens, though. Best $50 lens I've ever bought.

Tuesday: Nikon F3 (1635441), Nikkor-P 105mm (165576), Foma 400, and no filter. I was supposed to use this combo a few weeks ago but never did. It's been sitting patiently on my shelf so, Tuesday will be the day.

Wednesday: Pentax H3V (1607165), Focal 28mm (550357), Tmax 400, and a circular polarization filter. I bought this camera for $11 broken. The mirror was locked up. I had found a Pentax camera repairman who has good prices and I wanted a camera with which to do a trial run. He absolutely passed with flying colors. It took a week from the time I mailed the check until I had my camera back and it works flawlessly and is super clean. So once a month until all my Pentax bodies and a couple old lenses are repaired, I'll be sending a camera away. That's pretty exciting, at least for me. I've already tested this to make sure it works, and those test images will be one of the posts this week.

Thursday: Nikon N80 (2344102), Nikon 28-80 (2079078), Foma 400, and a UV filter. This is another new camera to me, but it's not mine. My girlfriend left it here last weekend, so I'm going to use it this week.

Friday: Nikon Nikkormat FTN (3634551), Nikkor-H 50mm (829414), Foma 100, and a yellow filter.

So camera-wise this should be an exciting week. As for images, let's see if there's any excitement there:










No comments:

Post a Comment