A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Super Saturday Special -- Four of Four

This is our last Super Saturday Special from the film I shot on March 31st. So, hopefully, this will be the best. No promises, though. This roll was a 36-count roll of Fuji Velvia 50 ISO slide film. Most of the shots were of the Walnut Creek Library. What a great building. It looks as though it was designed to be photographed. I also grabbed a few shots of the new Neiman Marcus (or Needless Markup as I call it.) The building is very retro looking with muted-green glass in various patterns. One may find themselves asking if they designed it to look retro so it would seem as though they've been here a long time or because they liked the look. There was some manner of fuss over NM's entry into Walnut Creek with a number of people fighting it. Not something I'm too concerned about not being NM's target demographic, but I do like the building a lot.




They say Fuji is known for their greens. I happen to like their reds and blues, too.







No comments:

Post a Comment