A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Monday, May 28, 2012

A Year in Photos -- Week Twenty-two

I'm amazed that this year is almost half complete. And also that, despite hitting a bit of the creative duldrums, I've managed to keep the blog almost daily and (I hope) interesting.

This week will have a number of photos and hopefully some will be good. A few interesting trips this week included Fort Mason, the De Young Art Museum, and the San Francisco City Hall specifically to visit and photograph a sculpture.

First, I need to note that everything is going to be a bit behind this week -- such as my typical Sunday post being on a Monday. I took more photos this week than any other week in my life. In fact, I took more photos this week than in many of the previous years of my life combined. Work had be out at a site photographing stuff for three days, so between work and personal photographs, I ticked up my Pentax K-7's shutter count about 2,000 images, the Canon T1I's shutter count a few hundred, and then had 11 rolls of film to develop. So I haven't even gotten through editing a small percentage of my personal images because the work images are on a tight and inflexible deadline. That said, let's take a look at some of what you can expect this week.

Fair warning, this post has nudity. However, it's all marble and therefore art and should offend no one, right? So, that makes it totally safe for work.











This week has a great camera lineup coming. A nice mix of Pentax and Nikon cameras, all of which typically yield good results, should help this week provide some interesting images.

Today: Pentax K1000 (7834930), Tokina 28mm (8126496), Foma 400 ISO, and a red filter. A spoiler here, I used the K-7 today instead but all my shots were work-related, so no sharing here. Instead, I'll take the K1000 later this week, probably alongside the Spotmatic.

Tuesday: Nikon Nikkormat FTN (3634551), Nikkor-H 50mm (829414), Foma 100 ISO, and a yellow filter.

Wednesday: Pentax6X7 MLU (4083721), Takumar 55mm (8253411), Ilford Delta 100 ISO, and no filter. I need to get a 100mm filter. But those things are around $70-90. Nasty.

Thursday: Minolta SRT 102 (2042109), Tamron 28-70 (9003019), Foma 400, and an orange filter

Friday: Pentax Spotmatic SP1000 (5815145), Takumar 55mm (1426697), Adox 100 ISO, and a yellow filter. Friday I'll be in Daly City for work and new places either mean great photos or, well, the opposite thereof. We'll see in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment