A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

May 5th Project (Part 2 of 2)

As promised, here are the San Francisco images from the Canon AE-1's May 5th roll. These actually weren't taken the 5th.


I've photographed this fountain before, so I kept this part to a minimum. Just three images.
There's another fountain in the park, but it's all naked boys and photographing that would feel creepy. Especially since it's right in front of a church.

Shot two of this fountain. It's one of my favorites. I like its whimsical, fun nature.


This is just a fun fountain to photograph.


The lion was mumbling at me as I walked past, so I took the ring out of the lion's mouth, but he went on about how, in The Chronicles of Narnia, he's an analog for God and that means that holding a ring in his mouth in real life is very humiliating. I mean he really went on like that for twenty minutes. So I put the ring back in his mouth.


One of the Greek mythological characters, and I forgot to write down which one.


Same guy as above, different angle.


Some statues of buildings. I forget exactly where I saw this, but it was a nice way to end the roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment